View Single Post
saved4always 05:39 PM 04-30-2012
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
The only issue I have are the parents who have 4 weeks vacation/year - and don't spend a single one of those 20 days with their child. That is the epitome of selfish.

I think it's important for partners to bond without their children from time to time. I personally could never leave a child under 5 for more than 2-3 days at a time (and only with grandma)... but I would most definitely enjoy a 2-3 break from being mom to focus soley on being a wife and lover
That is really sad. We really look forward to our few weekends a year away to just be a couple. But we look just as forward to our vacations with our kids. My boys are 17 and 19 now. I don't even know if the 19 yo is going to get off from work to go on vacation with us this summer. If not, it will be the first family vacation without him. Parents who only spend thier vacations without thier kids are missing some awesome bonding. They may regret it when thier kids are older. I have so many memories and pictures from family camping weekends, Disney World, Virginia Beach, etc. that I treasure. There has to be a balance of couple time and family time.