View Single Post
wdmmom 09:46 AM 09-28-2011
Originally Posted by Angelwings36:
I actually would not have charged her HIGHER if I was AWARE that her son was autistic. I just would not have accepted him into my daycare in the first place because I DO NOT have the educational background to deal with an autistic child, mom is aware of this but still CHOOSES to bring him here. And if you will read my whole post you can note that I was the one that suggested that the mom get him in for an evaluation...it took mom a whole year to do this. He is in therapy now and she has someone trying to help her. Therapy WILL NOT be done in my house as it just won't work. The daycare is a wide open space downstairs and my upstairs is STRICTLY AN ADULT ZONE! It's my private home and I don't want other people in my upstairs area.
Just get used to saying "NO" because I see you saying it to her requests more frequently!

You need to tell DCM that her discount is done. No way is it cost effective to work for any child for $100 a week!

And, I don't blame you for not wanting to care for a special needs child. I've turned my fair share down too.