View Single Post
Thriftylady 05:19 PM 01-14-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Have you tried veggies with a dip? Do they like ranch dressing or peanut butter dips? Frozen peas might be a hit even if they won't eat cooked. Would they drink smoothies made with pumpkin or anything like that? Or try blending combos(now don't ask me what they'd be) of fruits and mild tasting veggies for frozen pops. Blending veggies into sauces or soups, meat loaves, etc. Course if they're like most of my dcks they wouldn't eat those either!
My own used to be so picky when they were little and I tried all the tricks out there back then. They started eating veggies when they were good and ready. Now they're more adventurous than I am in their eating. Course they're adults.
I have a couple dcks who would have as many veggies as I let them, then 2 toddlers who eat some but not many and an almost 3 yo who doesn't eat any veggies. I figure if they're getting plenty of fruits, esp. the 'better for you' fruits then they're probably doing okay.
What is your list of "better for you fruits". I ask because I am serving some, but as a diabetic I quit keeping them around for a long time. DH and I are both diabetic and both struggle with cutting off the fruit, as we both love it. I quit buying him grapes. He loves them, and I bought him a 3 pound bag for the truck a year or so ago. He left and later that night, he said "The grapes were good I need some more". I said "what do you mean you need more" he then told me "I have been snacking on them as I drive the bag is about empty". I then asked him who the man was I had sat next to in our diabetic classes who should KNOW that a serving is 17 grapes! Yeah he got cut off so....