View Single Post
Unregistered 11:07 AM 10-06-2017
Originally Posted by small_steps:
I don't offer paid time off. I may add some though as an incentive. Or a bonus for perfect attendance every so often.
I just recently made my helper full time because she said she really needed full time but get every time I turn around she's asking for a day off or needing to go home early or calling in sick. It's frustrating.
I think 3 days should be plenty too honestly. But she's got 3 already for this month. Monday she had to go home early with a migraine. Yesterday she asked for today off. And she's scheduled oct 21 off already as well. I don't mind the scheduled day off when it's asked in advance. It's the last minute ones or call ins that drive me bonkers!
I had an issue with my assistant last year. She is great in a lot of ways, but the call outs were excessive.
So, I cut down on kids, and stopped using her for most of the school year. In our case she only gets paid for actually working. I used her a few times here and there for covering appointments.
I'm back to using her two mornings a week this year and so far she's been 100% reliable. I think she needed to realize that I didn't "need" her and she had a pretty sweet set up working here (mornings only, around her kids school schedule, etc)
But 3 call outs are year for probably part time help is more than enough.