View Single Post
amberrose3dg 05:01 AM 10-09-2017
Originally Posted by small_steps:
I have an amazing opportunity to open a center in my home. My residential property does have to be commercialized which isn't too much of a pain to do. And I'm in a great location. But difficulty in finding quality staff is part of what is holding me back.
I have had a heck of a time finding one quality person! Just one. No way do I want to worry about an entire staff.
1. Issues with background checks(one person had 10 cps investigations in the last 5 years).
2. lazy and unreliable.
3. flat out don't show up and only looking for free daycare.(then text you almost 3 weeks later and ask if they can still work for you) The free daycare was through the state to take the children to a different daycare. I suspect she only wanted that after I signed papers that I hired her she was too sick to start work that Monday.
4.Accept the job and then decide not to start to wait for something better.
5. Want to bring their kids to daycare for FREE when you do not have spots and can't offer free especially for an infant spot.(2 kids both in diapers and wants free daycare) Then continue to harass you and email you each time you run an ad. Then send threatening emails.

These are some of the issues I have ran into just over the summer and early fall trying to hire.
I have someone starting today, let's see how this goes. I am not holding my breath.
The assistant I had for 6 months only worked like 4 hours a day as that was all I needed last year. She was lazy and had to be reminded of things constantly.