View Single Post
Blackcat31 03:33 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
all camera access has to be given to state inspectors and parents if cameras are in the home during hours of operation whether public or in-home. You can restrict the access of the cameras to parents and state employees before or after your hours of operations. By having cameras as long as parents are informed of their presence it by no means is a violation or breach to any other child's privacy or your own IF they're set up in common areas and not private areas like washrooms, bathrooms, changing areas, and areas that are not used or accessible during business hours. Cameras cannot be used to monitor children while in other areas of the home or center, and ratio must always be kept. If you do not allow parents to view them that is one thing, but you have to inform them of the presence of camera security systems or it can call for a lawsuit due to the breach of their child's privacy. You also absolutely have to give access to state inspectors/ attendees. Or we can revoke your license and/or fine you. Any employees must be aware / contracts must state the presence as well. Just like family contracts. you also have to have signs/ notice of personal/ private or family accessible cameras being in use and present in the home/ center.

happy reading!
Where did I say I don't notify parents of the presence of cameras?

Where did I say or indicate that I wouldn’t allow law enforcement or licensing to view them?

Please don’t make assumptions as to how I manage cameras in my facility.
I am well versed in the laws that apply to my practices.