View Single Post
cheerfuldom 12:11 PM 01-06-2015
Originally Posted by Jack Sprat:
I gave dcm the article on that NannyDe referenced. She read it and said she doesn't buy it and she is following what they told her to do. I explained that is was dangerous and I found it very odd they would tell her to do that. I did tell that I still won't dilute his formula. She was okay with that. Which makes me wonder if it is a cost issue. I provide his formula here. But, won't be for long unless she allows him to start solids here. I am only reimbursed for two snacks since he isn't eating anything but, formula here. I don't think she is on WIC or has ever been. I know she is aware of the program.
If she is really worried about his health, she would insist that you both follow the same plan of action. Since she is completely fine with you giving him normal formula at daycare, this issue is clearly not about getting him healthy but about saving money by watering formula.....a very common occurrence unfortunately. Now that you know what she is doing, you know it is unsafe, and she cannot provide documentation from the doctor, you should report with the situation to child services. If she is comfortable doing stuff like this, who knows what she is doing in order to save money or skimp on child needs. You report and leave it up to them if it is something to intervene on.