View Single Post
cillybean83 03:06 PM 02-07-2011
if the baby is crying from hunger that is unacceptable. Just because some book says that 1 ounce an hour is enough doesn't make it the Lord's gospel truth...obviously it isn't enough for this one particular child, and this one individual child should not go hungry because of a statistic, if mom doesn't make enough milk, then mom needs to provide formula, there is no reason why that child needs to be hungry.

As far as when to introduce solids, every parent, provider, and doctor is different. My youngest sons doctor said he could have rice cereal at 14 weeks, as long as he could eat it from a spoon, which he could, so he ate it once a day until 16 weeks when he started eating veggies, and at 20 weeks he started eating fruit. That's what MY doctor said was fine, and I was ok with it, my son is in the 90th percentile for height and 20th for weight so he isn't obese, he's a healthy little boy, but with that being said, I stay home with my son so I set the rules. If he were to go to Nan's daycare and she says no food til 8 months them my choices would be:

1. feed him food on my own time if I want him to have it
2. find another provider
3. stay home with my kid

her house, her daycare, her rules, and if you leave your kid with a provider, you have to trust that what they choose to do regarding feedings is what they believe is in the best interest of your child, Im sure that if a 7 month old baby was screaming from hunger, Nan would give him or her a bottle and the kiddo would be fine til pick up, no big deal.