View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:02 AM 05-22-2015
Originally Posted by Ro Holland:
Hi,
I have been working with my daycare teacher, an online software to help her with postings, menu, etc. However, I am looking for guidance, feedback from other expert daycare teachers in what problems they are facing with existing softwares. I realize there are many softwares that assist daycare teachers and instead of reinventing the wheel, I want to tackle issues that teachers face and use that as my requirement. I also realize that many softwares make money or tack extra fees for add-ons which I think is unfair. I plan on providing all features/functionalities for one low fee.

There are lot of excellent and exceptional daycare teachers doing awesome job and if I can create something that may help teachers make their job just a little bit easier, I will consider I have done something meaningful. If you use existing daycare software such as lifcubby, etc which support making daily postings, online portfolios, email reports, images, videos, menus, health information, timesheet, etc, I would like to know if you are completely satisfied with the software or there's something left to be desired.
I am not looking to make a lot of money, just help wonderful teachers who take care of our children and help them to succeed in this wonderful world. I am blessed to have a wonderful daycare teacher and I consider my daughter smart due to what she learns at her daycare.

I do plan on creating beta version and I plan on giving free software access on trial basis. This software will end up saving money in the long run by saving miscellaneous expenses.

If you think you want to reach out to me personally, please contact me at roholland6@gmail.com

I appreciate all your help, feedback, and any kind of advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Ro Holland
You are in a very long line.....

Here are several other threads about this topic.

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.php?tag=software

Most of the threads are asking the same thing as you are asking and most threads have some awesome responses/input and feedback from providers so you should be able to find what you are looking for within those threads.

Just a word of advice... one of the software creators has developed an awesome platform for providers based on the feedback he received and because he based his software off of provider input, he offered the use of his program to providers for FREE.

So unless you can beat FREE....you are going to have some major competition.

Good luck! Hoping the threads in the link can help you out.