View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:58 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
I'm just curious if I handled this appropriately or not.

Our own child (3yo) had a very rough night last night and woke up with a nasty cough. It sounds like his throat is so raw. Everyone in my care has a cold (runny nose, cough, no fever), but there's no knowing where he got it from.

He woke up about 20 min before my first family was supposed to be here. I sent out a text letting my families know about his cough, and they could still send their kids if they choose but I wouldn't charge for today if they kept their kids home.

Would you have just closed or given them the option?

On a side note, dcm showed up a couple minutes after I sent the text and said she hasn't seen it yet. She asked if I was going to take him to the doctor, I told her no since he doesn't have a fever. She said "well, MIL doesn't have a carseat, so I have no one to pick him up." And that's my problem??
My kids are grown and gone from home now but when they were younger, I followed my own illness policy and if my DH was unable to keep my children home with him (I have a separate daycare house) then I closed.

I would never give parents a choice.
I understand it can be a hardship sometimes but it is what it is and to me the clearest, easiest way to never muddy the waters in regards to illness is to follow the illness policy I expect others to follow.