View Single Post
permanentvacation 07:35 PM 12-16-2014
Here, according to the food program, the parent can provide everything up until 8 months old. The food program says that until 8 months old, it is only required that he has formula only all day long. But it suggests cereal with the formula for breakfast and for lunch, cereal and fruit or veges for lunch. But since nothing but formula is required until 8 months old, the parent can provide it and I can still claim him on the food program. I did offer to provide the formula, baby food, and diapers, but the parents said they would. I figured it was just because they wanted to make sure what he drank/ate and what type of diaper and how many diapers he used.

I didn't quite understand what one had to do with the other, but my food program monitor said that we can get reimbursed for the formula even though the parents provide it because the parents who breast feed or the providers of breast fed babies complained that if they couldn't get reimbursed because the parent breast fed, that's discrimination. I don't know. I just said, 'Okay' and left it at that.

But once the child is 8 months old, since the food is required, the provider must provide the food. So, for right now, I can allow the parents to provide everything for their child. But he turns 8 months old the end of the month. So beginning next month, I will be required to provide his food and be required to feed him according to the food program's requirements. I don't think his parents will like that. But we'll see.