View Single Post
Play Care 06:19 AM 08-03-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I just love how all you feel its okay to reprimand this provider for coming here and asking for help on what to do about this situation before it does get worse and how she should handle things moving forward verses showing her the same support and helpfulness that you all poured out to MarinaVanessa who actually DID lose a child. Talk about a double standard.
OP, i would terminate this child too because if she did figure out how to run off, you'd be crucified by these ladies and not given one ounce of understanding or helpfulness that MarinaVanessa got. Apparently most these ladies are perfect and couldnt imagine things happening under their watch. I totally understand now why some providers cover things up and do some of the things they do. If your own collegues cant help you make changes for the future so that you can have preventative measures in place, which is what i thought you were asking, then we're all in this alone.
Im sorry this happened to you and even more sorry that you probably wont be back here. I hope you are able to figure out what to do.
Um, the OP DID lose a child. The child was gone for 20 minutes (according to the OP) and they couldn't find her. Sounds "lost" to me.

The difference between the OP and MV?

MarinaVanessa did everything RIGHT when it happened to her. Her dck wasn't a known runner (unlike the OP). When she realized she was missing (ie: off property), she called the police to assist with the search and self reported to licensing (unlike the OP). She didn't blame the parents for something that happened on her watch (unlike the OP). She immediately had a door alarm installed(unlike the OP). She worked out a plan to ensure it never happened again. Basically she "providered up" and behaved like the professional she is and took her lumps.
When it happened to MV, she was the one saying "*I* should have done this or that better" rather than pointing fingers and parent blaming.

I also want to point out that MV, like most of us, runs her day care herself. According to the OP FOUR staff members were there and had no idea where the child was. Not that it's ever okay to lose a child, but in my mind the reason one has additional staff is so things like bathroom and lunch breaks are covered and kids are never left out of sight.

No one is perfect and we all get things wrong at times. But I felt most of the replies here were pretty gently worded with a lot of great advice given.