View Single Post
daycare 03:00 PM 04-25-2013
Originally Posted by kelliott:
i did text her and let her know i was not able to leave work early.. that is when she replied with "he needs to be picked up by 4. if he is not picked up i will be taking him with us even though you did not approve it and you can pick him up at the varsity baseball field"

i understand i should have backup.. but i don't. i don't have much of a social life because being a mom, student, and employee has taken up pretty much all of my time. therefore, i have 2 friends that i actualy talk to pretty much everyday and they both work just as i do everyday so i cannot use them as backup..and as i said i do not have family members near me except for my mom who works 7:30am-7:30 pm(if not later) everyday, so she too is not able to help much.. i will check into an actual daycare center for drop-ins from here on..
ugh, I see.... what did you say to her when she told you that if you are not here that she was going to transport him?

i understand where you are coming from when it comes to not having back up, but can I ask you this..
lets say you got into a car accident on your way to work or on your way home and you could not get to your child on time or even worse you ended up in the hospital? Who is going to pick up your child.

I was a single mother a long time and I always learned to plan for the worst, but always expect the best. My closest family member and father of my children was over 5000 miles away in a different county. I made really good friends with my neighbor who was my back up and she even had to pick up my son from school one day when he was sick and the school could not get in touch with me.

You really need to look at things all the way around for both you and your child. Maybe you can ask one of your good friends parents or find someone who could help be a back up.