View Single Post
wdmmom 05:12 PM 08-20-2013
In the past week, I had a parent tell me how to handle their child when he goes into a rage. (previous thread)

Today I have my sibling group arrive only for the 3 year old to tell me that they are going to a new daycare. Dcd of course bolted and once he left, dcg started crying. (I'm pretty sure dcm talked the new daycare up to sound like Chuck E Cheese but this girl really is beginning to understand the concept of not coming to me anymore and not being able to play with her friends. It's been a very sad day with lots of tears.)

With how upset she was, I thought it would be a good idea to call dcm and find out if what she was saying was right. Sure was! DCM said she met with a daycare yesterday and the only reason they are leaving is logistics. They keep getting stuck in rush hour traffic making their evening commute twice the amount of time it should be. The new daycare is located very close to home and I'm guessing they will allow the kids to attend more than the 9.5 maximum I allow.

After my phone call with dcm, she called back about a half hour later and came up with the most insane request I have ever heard in my existence!

She wanted to know if I would be willing to pick the girls up from her house in the morning and drive them to daycare or if I would bring them home a couple days a week after I get off work!!!!

Now I know some preschools offer transportation from home to their school or daycare to their school but I have NEVER heard of a daycare provider picking kids up from home or driving them home because their parents don't want to dedicate the time to do it!!

For only being a parent for 3 years, I laugh at what they are in for when their children start school or get sent home sick from school or have to be to school early or have detention or are in activities or field trips that require transportation!

I don't know about anyone else, but when I signed on to be a parent, I took on the responsibility of providing them transportation whether that be to daycare or doctors appointments or school or activities or whatever.

This has to be the most ridiculous request ever!

Anyone else have any crazy requests they'd like to share?!