View Single Post
paul.siu 06:25 AM 10-17-2014
Well they only took the registration fee, which is supposedly non-refundable, but maybe they may do it in this situation. The director indicated that it is illegal to charge the parent the actual tuition until the center is opened, but registration fee is a different story.

According to them, this is due to a DCFS backlog. They claim that the rep they worked with left and was assigned a new DCFS rep, forcing them to start over. They said they keep scheduling meetings but DCFS isn't responsive and won't set a date for the inspection. A week before Columbus Day, I receive word that DCFS has inspected the facility and pass it with flying colors, but they have not given the OK to open. I know nothing about how daycare are certified, so I don't know if they are truthful or not.

I am rather torn. My wife is taken by the new facility. She like that everything is new. I am the cynical half of the relationship and think that's all window dressing to get people to sign. We did tour the other facility and notice that the kids were happy, well behaved and the teachers were attentive. The other daycare we visited had other problems like inattentive teachers, or terrible infant room. We have met the teacher and like them, but I have reservations about the administrations.

Can I call DCFS to verify their claims or will that cause a problem.

Paul