View Single Post
daycare 03:59 PM 01-05-2015
I give my DCF that attend full time a discount if they take a vacation for a minimum of 5 consecutive days.

here is what I currently have in writing but need to change it.

After 6 months of care all Families that attend full time will be enjoy a discount of ½ the normal rate of weekly tuition should you take a vacation for at least 5 consecutive days. To receive this discount, you must submit request in writing 14 days in advance and receive approval from the provider. Approval will be given by email on a first come first serve basis. Once approved, you will be credited on your monthly invoice after your vacation occurs. Vacation time can NOT be used in conjunction with termination or carried over and must be used all at one time. Any vacation time that is not used during the calendar year will be forfeited. There is no discount for part time enrollment.

So this past summer I had 4 families all take vacation on the same month and I was out a ton of money that next month. I was not expecting that to happen. What I would like to do is to credit it back in installments or credit back in limits....does this make sense? I am not sure how to do it so that not everyone goes out on vacation at the same time and then I am out money all at the same time.

how should I do this? any other suggestions to how I could do it... I know I am over complicating this....

thanks for your help

edited to add that I lowed the rate years back to reflect this, but parents were not into it. they want to see a credit given back.