View Single Post
daycarediva 11:15 AM 09-28-2015
He was here Wednesday and Friday. When I saw the bites, I googled it, and bed bugs or fleas are what came up. The bites are in lines, and dcb obviously has a bad reaction to them. I googled the daylights out of bed bugs last week. I was able to recognize it immediately. It was right in a crease where everything I read online said it would be. I did just wash the daycare kids bedding- blankets and pillows on the allergen cycle (very high heat-I do it every Friday night- thank GOD for being meticulous). I will repeat that when they wake up today.

Dh has steam cleaned (with a commercial grade steam cleaning machine he uses for work) every hard and soft surface in my daycare room and down the hallways. We put everything not nailed down into the dryer on high heat, and we cleaned the cubbies in the dishwasher on sanitize.

I will ask the pest control guy for 'proof'. Dh will be here and wants to see what he finds. He did tell us to buy diatomaceous earth, but I have some on hand, I have used it before in the garden for slugs (safe to consume, around kids and pets, etc).

We already have mattress covers and pillowcase covers on all the kids stuff (good quality ones, due to indoor allergies and pets). Dh washed all of their sheets and comforters and pillowcases on hot and dried them on hot. He also went through their bedrooms with a flashlight and moved mattresses, beds, headboards, etc. He found nothing. Fingers (toes and everything imaginable crossed!)

Angel- thanks for the tips! Dh is putting alcohol in a spray bottle now! My giant (7ft tall, 7ft wide) cubby shelf is wooden, and that's what his cubby was on. I'm going to spray the hell out of it tonight.

I am SO GROSSED OUT. I haven't been able to stop scratching all dang day. I feel TERRIBLE for dcb. According to the pest control guy, for him to have THAT many bites- they have to have a terrible infestation.