View Single Post
DBug 10:02 AM 09-29-2011
Yes, I totally agree with what most of you are saying -- I would never report unless I had seen it with my own eyes. 2 of the 3 situations are heresy from parents that had their children in care there. One I witnessed and know exactly which kids belong to who, and know that numbers were way over.

I have also provided emergency care putting me temporarily over my numbers, but it is not something I plan on doing. Even with B&A's, I make sure to tell parents that I won't be able to take them on school breaks, P.D. days or over the summer.

I've been discussing this with another provider friend, and we're both conflicted as to what to do. As countrymom pointed out, really the only place to report them is to CAS, and I'm not sure that's really appropriate in this situation. Besides which, the CAS is so backed up investigating serious abuse situations, that reporting something like this to them may tie them up further and prevent kids in bad homes from getting the help they need.

Idk, but there must be something I can do, short of reporting them. We've just started up a providers' network for our town, so maybe we could use that to educate parents and providers somehow? If anyone has ideas, I'm all ears!!