View Single Post
momma2girls 04:23 PM 09-08-2010
Originally Posted by DCMom:
I start weaning them off the morning nap around 9-12months, though some still need it. I have a 15 month old right now who takes a morning nap a couple mornings a week and still naps 2-3 hours in the afternoon. But then I also have a 10 month old who could care less about a morning nap and when she does nap, its 45 minutes max.

It sounds to me like your particular one year old could do without. Maybe just adjust his afternoon nap to be a bit earlier and gradually make it a few minutes later each day until he is in sync with the rest of your group for the afternoon.

Personally, I love it when everyone is on the afternoon nap schedule!
I try and cut out am nap, at around 1 1/2 yrs. old. Last week I had a Mom ask me if I could keep her 13 month old up thru afternoon nap, and she would pick her up around 2:00-3:00- she goes out of state to where her parents live every weekend- and she wants her to sleep in the car on the way there. I told her if she got here by 1:00, I could keep her up, otherwise she would be laid down with all the other children at 1:00- I explained to her, she would keep up my child, plus all the other children here as well.