View Single Post
TwinKristi 09:52 AM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Thank you! It has been insanely hard. I think since she was so colicky when she was little I developed a really strong bond with her.

It seems there are a few providers here that say they'd be OK with my staying. And then a couple who seem to be freaking out. So I guess there's a wide range. I think since my provider is new she might not freak out; doesn't have all the buildup from years of dealing with difficult parents. But I can see how it would come off as a slight and I don't want to diminish her confidence with my LO. And as you pointed out, there is the element of my "rescuer" mentality that might create too much anxiety while I'm there which wouldn't help anything. Eh! I need to let her know by today whether LO is coming tomorrow or not. Argh! There's so much to consider.

But the point is how will the provider ever learn to care for your baby if you're there? If you don't trust her than don't choose her. I've never had anyone stay for 4hrs when leaving their baby here. That's usually done during the interview process and maybe a couple hours here and there before starting FT, but never had anyone stay 4hrs. The reason the provider is ok with it is probably because she only has her child to care for. If she had other children it may not be ok as I don't know how many parents want random strangers around their kids all day plus for liability reasons many people wouldn't allow it.