Thread: Wonderschool
View Single Post
TooManyKitties 12:28 PM 05-22-2018
Hey CityGarden! They’re an SF startup, so lots of their daycare partners are up here in the Bay Area. They seem to be growing very quickly. One of the founders is a guy frustrated at his own lack of childcare options, so he started a company to help fix it.

Their value proposition seems to be that they’ll provide you with: visibility, by listing your program on their website; administrative support, because you can use their software to track your prospective & current children and track payments; and professional development, because they provide quarterly trainings and a childcare mentor. They also help navigate licensing, and help you figure out how much to change.

I considered joining them but decided I can do all that stuff myself. Still, I think it could be a good deal for some people. They’re targeting current center workers, because they could make so much more by running daycares out of their house than the poverty wages most childcare jobs pay. It’s an interesting idea, for sure.