View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:20 AM 06-08-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I'm a registered user but just logged out because I have families on here. I tried a tag search but didn't much.

How do you treat families that continue to bring children sick?
You need to just keep sending them home if they exhibit any symptoms that you exclude for. What I do is have the parents sign my illness policy and then if they exhibit any symptoms, the parent needs to keep the child home for a FULL 24 hours and if they get any symptoms while at daycare, I send them home and if I send them home from care, they need to stay home for a FULL 48 hours.

I know it can be frustrating but honestly, you just need to be really diligent about enforcing your rules. More than likely if a child is continually sick, I would bet the parent isn't really taking them home and giving them the rest and proper nutrition that they need to recover.

I have sent sick kids home from care, only to find out later via friends, Facebook or whatever that the parent took the child to McDonald's for ,lunch and shopping at the mall etc as a fun day field trip rather than resting and recovering.

Here is a copy of the illness policy I use. You are more than welcome to use it if you would like.