View Single Post
Angelwings36 07:49 PM 11-29-2012
Originally Posted by safechner:
I can understand why you are stressed but honestly, you cannot make your husband to take a year off. It is up to him because maybe he wants to save his job. I am pretty sure he doesn't want to run your daycare because it is not fair to him.

I recommend to save your money starting right now since you are only 8 weeks. I do hear you that you are fearing to tell your parents about your pregnancy. However, there is nothing you can do about it. Be there and done that.

I am currently pregnant with my third. I haven't told my parents yet but we are saving our money for a while. My husband wants to take a week off when the baby born so I am perfectly fine with that. He said he would take days off if I need to. He will help me with the baby not running the daycare. I know he hate daycare but I am not going to make him to run my daycare. However, my husband wants me to take a year off for doing daycare. I also want to go back to workforce but he WONT let me to get a job because he refused to put our baby in the daycare, oh well.

You only have 7 months left so go ahead to save your money. Good Luck!!
I think you have misread the thread as I only ever ASKED my husband to take 6-8 weeks off of work at the very most, never a year and I am not MAKING him do anything. My husband also doesn't hate my daycare and loves being around children so that's not the issue at all. I also do not have the option of taking a year off as I am the main bread winner in our relationship so it's either my husband helps with the new baby and assists me with the daycare while I heal from my delivery, I hire an assistant or I close my doors for x amount of time.