View Single Post
Lilbutterflie 04:58 PM 10-25-2010
I was forced to add an extended leave policy in my contract. Two out of three of my dck's are leaving in two days to be with their dad out of state for TWO MONTHS! I let dcm know that this has never come up before, so I have added this to my contract. I handed her two copies: one for her to keep and one for her to sign and return to me.

Here's what my contract says:

"Extended Leave:
Extended leave is any time a child is not in daycare for more than two consecutive weeks for any reason (maternity leave, a parent or child’s serious illness, teachers who have the summer off, out of state custody agreements, etc…). I do not offer an unpaid extended leave for families because my business and my income are based on my enrollment at all times. I do offer to keep the spot open for you using the following guidelines:

I will hold the spot open for up to 12 weeks at half your weekly rate. You may continue to bring your child during these weeks for 2 days a week at this rate. If you would like to continue to bring your child more than 2 days per week during this time, the regular daily rate will apply.

If the extended leave is unplanned (ex: a serious illness), full payment is expected for the first 2 consecutive weeks off.

Full payment for the first 2 consecutive weeks off of the extended leave is not expected if it is a planned leave of absence & I have received at least one month’s notice. If you start a week and then go on leave during the middle of the week (Wednesday or later), payment is expected at regular rate for that week, and then your “hold the spot” rate will start the following week. Extended leave payments are still due every Monday AM & follows the normal payment policy."