View Single Post
Nickel 10:45 AM 10-15-2012
I have vented about dcf before. They pay less than everyone else, only pay for days that they are here and ALWAYS pay late! So I am going to give them my contract today that says I will charge late fees and they have to pay for all days except provider illness. I am giving them 4 weeks to return it. If they do not return it by the time, then I will terminate care affective 2 weeks after that date. I am tired of asking and asking for my paycheck. And honestly it is getting difficult to keep up with what days are credited.

I am going to tell them that they are paying for a spot and that spot is worth x amount of dollars, which is less what they are paying. I am not going to raise their rates (at this time) but I am going to require they are on the same contract as everyone else.

Why today? Well, dcm asked how much she owed me because of that whole diarrhea episode and her child was out and missed almost a whole week of care (they are pt mwf) Then she tried to get a discount for leaving an hour early on Monday really.... Anyway, I hadn't calculated everything on Wednesday, so I told her I would let her know. I emailed it to her Thursday and gave her the paper copy on Friday.

Friday she was late by about 5 minutes. my reg ft dcg was out and I didn't have anyone else until 2pm. dcg was suppose to be picked up at 10. So I planned to exercise with a friend, get a shower, meet hubby for lunch and stop at the store and bank and be home by 130 so I could get dd down for nap before other dcg came around 2. So I was upset when she was late. I gave her dcg at the door with her bag, said invoice is in the bag. I have to leave. And got in my car and left. teeheehee

So then today she drops off, no payment. She sends me a text at 12 asking how dcg is doing. I said she's fine, but tired. and remember tuition is due today. She tells me, oh sorry I forgot. dcd will pay you when he gets off work today! which is around 5 and dcg gets picked up at 2. So I am going to give dcd my contract, my written policy about when it is due, the effective date and what happens if they don't return it. So I am essentially giving them 4 weeks until it goes into affect or 6 weeks to find another dc.

I am sooooo nervous. My heart is pounding, I have cotton mouth, and I feel queesy! Please tell me I am doing the right thing and lend your support. i am so supper nervous. And I probably would have let this go the way it is, but honestly I am tired of asking for my money and waiting days for it. And I feel like I can't enforce a late fee, because they never signed a contract. So today is the day...