View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:36 AM 10-15-2012
Originally Posted by Nickel:
I was thinking of giving them a 4 week notice because there is essentially a rate change eventhough the actual dollar amount is not the same. What if I give them until November 1st to return it and then effective the 12th? Either new rates or they are terminated? That might be fair, right???

I like showing them that they are on a lower rate, how would I word that?
I would say something like "As you can see normal rates for the hours/days of care you receive are $xx but as my first enrolled family, you received a substantial discount which will still stand."

Where is the rate change? I thought you weren't raising their rates, just having them sign a contract... did I read that wrong?

Originally Posted by Nickel:
Okay, so I changed my notice. Any thoughts or suggestions:

Please read over the attached forms and contract. Your signed contract and forms are due back no later than October 26th, 2012 and will be effective on NOVEMBER 5, 2012. If I have not received your signed contract on by this date (October 26th, 2012 by 5:00pm), I will assume you are no longer interested in my services and child care will be terminated on NOVEMBER 5, 2012. If you have any questions, please contact me
I would give them NO LATER than October 26th to read, sign, date and return the contract but I would tell them it is effective immediately after they return it on the 26th. No sense giving so much time in between signing and doing....kwim?

I know you said you feel the 26th is too soon....and although I don't can I ask you why you feel that is too soon? You aren't asking them to grow a sunflower, you are asking them to pay you on time. That isn't that tough to do and doesn't require any additional time.