View Single Post
Mom2Two 11:50 AM 05-17-2019
Originally Posted by Pestle:
[b]
Child was sent home for behavior this week, where they prevented parent from getting work done. I've suggested family therapy for anxiety. I didn't mention depression or ADHD because it's not my role to diagnose. Fatigue, desire to make the other children unhappy, an inability to focus, guilt that turns into rage in a split second, backsliding on potty training, extreme clinginess to parent, prolonged full-body tantrums. It's all on the cusp of typical-but-undesirable behavior but, at this extreme and all together, it's adding up to something I think I'm not equipped to manage.
How is the other development going like speech and cognitive? Dramatic play? Cooperative play?

I don't think that this stuff sounds close to typical at all. To me, three year olds are learning to be reasonable, but four year olds I do expect to be reasonable.

I also feel like it's not inappropriate to ask for something from a doctor. I think it would be appropriate for you to say that you have serious concerns about social/emotional development and that you would like an assessment.