View Single Post
kitykids3 10:37 AM 04-03-2015
When I first started over 8 yrs ago I was open 6am to 6pm. After a while no one really needed before 7 so for a while I was 7am to 6pm.

A little over a year ago I started to seem really burned out (even though I found out in June it was cuz I was in 3rd stage heart failure, not from the job and getting older) so then I changed it to 7:30am to 5:30pm. I have 2 families that used to use until 6, but I surprisingly didn't lose them and they have made the 5:30 work.
10 hours is still a bit much for me with having the weak heart, but I sometimes have one of my assistants open and always try to have at least an hour or 2 to lay down upstairs. Plus I have 3 part time assistants that do most of the physical work. I think I would keep it at 7:30-5:30 anyways even if I was healthy. They obviously were using til 6 when it wasn't necessary and didn't leave when I changed it. Just using me. hehe

I would love to be done at 4:30. For those of you who do it, how is that possible? Don't most people in your areas work the typical 9-5 or is it a different shift? Can I ask what areas you're in?