View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:13 AM 12-22-2016
Originally Posted by Max:
I don't think I'm going to transport much but I want to have the option there for days when I have a smaller group. Or in case I have an appointment at the end of the day and a parent is running late and my DH can't cover... Then my bases are covered if I end up having to bring the child with me (I have a whole policy on this - hoping it never comes up!)

I read another provider had a DCM who didn't want DCG going to a splash pad, so on those days, DCM had to pick the child up or drop off later in the day (after the group got back).

All in all, I agree that it's tough to work around.
Yes, make sure you have a policy on this specifically.
When parents give permission to transport it really should be specific (ie field trips, preschool runs twice daily M & W's etc)

Do NOT assume that when a parent gives permission to transport for those specific activities that it also gives permission for you to take the child to an appointment if they are running behind etc (as in your example)...many times you are not allowed (by licensing and/or insurance) to transport outside of your legal business hours or allowed to use permission slips as a cover all for ALL transportation.

Originally Posted by nothingwithoutjoy:
When giving parents a choice on a permission slip, I am really upfront about my reasons for asking, in essence, saying "this is what we do; I need your permission." For example, I have a 2-part photo permission. The first part "asks" permission to take photos to use internally (with the kids, on our private blog, with teachers when I present workshops). I am clear that this use of photos is essential to the way I teach. The second part asks permission to post photos to my business facebook page or in other advertising. I am clear that that section is completely optional and that they should sign only if they are really comfortable with it.
I think it's a great idea to separate the reasons for photographs like you did!

I do want to mention though that for those providers that do use photos in their advertising that you should also make sure you add a clause to your permission slips that the photos belong to you and that you will not remove them from your advertising if the family leave....

I can just imagine the headache of sorting through all your advertising materials trying to edit our a kid who's family left on bad terms and wants all their kids photos taken down.