View Single Post
KBCsMommy 01:33 PM 02-14-2012
I started a new child last week 8 mo dcb. He is such a doll!

His issue is eating. He fights his bottle. He fights when I try to feed him his cereal. He just keeps turning his head like "nope don't want it". The only time he ate at my house last week was when he was sleepy he ate his bottle in his pnp and fell asleep. I don't even want to start with the bottles at nap time so Im not going to continue with that this week.

I talked to his mom and she said he has acid reflux and asthma. His formula is Enfamil A.R. But he doesnt take meds for his acid reflux, however he does use a nubulizer for his asthma.

Here's the kicker! Mom gets frustrated feeding him baby food so she often will give him baby food in a syringe. Dad says he has issues feeding him too but if baby doesnt want to eat he just lets him go play.

I feel like he doesn't eat because:
A.hes force fed at home
B. he has reflux
C. maybe hes not ready for food yet
D. He has issues with swallowing and or texture issues

So I have a baby who I have to fight to feed!!!

I don't want to force feed the baby, if he doesnt want to eat Im not going to make him. Hes not fussy and hes not starving because hes a good sized baby.

So now what do I do?!! Just let him be? Im on the food program so Im giving him food, hes just not eating it. Mom says if he doesn't eat she does'nt want to keep him here, which is to bad because hes a really great fit with my group.

Any help or criticism or anything at all is appreciated!!!!!!!