View Single Post
SunshineMama 07:31 AM 05-21-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Do you have a form that parents sign when you term that lists reasons?

I can see them coming to get the child and then reporting you. I know you are legally unlicensed but that doesn't mean they can't report you...kwim?

I would call them and have them pay IMMEDIATELY or come get the child and I would also have them sign a statement stating that you termed due to not being able to meet their needs (caring for their sick child) and for NON-Payment.....actually there is your immediate out if you wanted it....they didn't pay so they are done. period.

Might be better off to go that route and simply be done all together.
I do not have a form that they sign that lists reasons. I wish I did. Another thing I will be incorporating into my PHB, thanks to this family. I just text them and said that his payment did not come through as usual, and would they like to try again or bring cash/check at pick up? I then gave them a brief update on their child (said he has not had any BM's yet and is currently happy).

No response. I wanted to have my request in writing and will print out the entire conversation.

I can definitely see these parent trying to pull a fast one and then reporting for goodness knows what- they come across as very passive aggressive, with the de-friending, not paying, and then telling me that he still is not having normal stools.

How do I protect myself in the event that they try to file a false claim? I have nothing to hide and I follow licensing guidelines even though I am not licensed, and I am a very loving, good provider.