View Single Post
AnneCordelia 02:47 AM 06-20-2012
Originally Posted by DevorahNA:
I am sorry to say that I don't think you should have called. Children can and do get yeast rashes especially after antibiotic use. My daughter had a yeast rash which we treated with over the counter medication. What you are describing does sound like a yeast rash and needs treatment. But I am not sure why cps has to be involved. I would first call the parent and ask them to bring the child to the dr to get advice. Unless there is a pattern of neglect or obvious abuse cps should not be called and disrupt the child's home life. If the rash wasn't being treated or the parents ignored your request to bring the child to the dr then that would be grounds for cps.

not sure what you achieved by lying about it, the truth always comes out in the end.
I absolutely agree. CPS is very serious and a pattern or strong concern of abuse is needed. You couldn't have asked Dad about the rash at pickup? Gotten a doctors note? How long has this child been in care? This families life is turned upside down now because you called about a diaper rash that you didn't even ask any questions about. Im sorry, but that is wrong and I hope this family survives the hardships to come because of this phone call.

I've said it before here: ppl are quick to jump on the CPS wagon without making sure that they understand all the ramifications of making that call unwarranted.

Eta: I am sorry for your losses and hardships, OP. I know that making that call couldn't have been easy and I am sorry you felt you had to do it. That's hard. I hope things work out for everyone in the end. I also agree that I would want to be there to greet this girl today when she arrives.