View Single Post
Annalee 11:53 AM 06-11-2014
Originally Posted by LeslieG:
I am only 26 years old and have been doing daycare for about 3 years and I'm already having issues with my back. I feel like I am constantly going to the chiropractor!!.. Just had to make another appointment for this evening.

I was talking to a woman at the park the other day who had been doing daycare/working with kids for 25+ years and one of the first things she told me was that her back is completely shot.... this concerns me, especially since my back is already giving me problems.

For those of you who have been doing daycare a long time, has it caused you to have problems with your back? Do you have any advice on how to avoid having problems with your back?

Thanks!!
I am 47 and thankfully, no major health issues including no back problems. I encourage my daycare kids to do many things for themselves to avoid the lifting...I hold their hands rather than pick up all the time. My mom is 65 and she is fairly "spunky" as well....We have worked together of 20 plus years. BUT my great grandmother passed away this year at the age of 103 so I think it is in our gene pool. The men aren't that blessed so my brothers tell me all the time that mom and I are gonna be around forever!