View Single Post
Unregistered 07:11 AM 01-19-2011
I can understand paid holidays for the day care providers (and I hope that they use this money to give their staff paid holidays!)...however, when I get a phone call while in route to the daycare saying that they are closing due to not having enough staff to watch the children (due to wether) then I am not a happy camper. Now I either have to find somebody very quickly and pay them to watch my children for the day OR lose a day's pay myself and still have to pay the daycare...so, now let's look at this situation from the daycare's point of view. She does not have to pay her staff since they called in, she does not have to pay for utilities for that day, there will be no arts and crafts supplies used that day, no toilet paper, no paper towles...you get me point...it doesn't seem right to charge for a day that you close that is NOT a holiday...oh, and by the way, teachers DO NOT get paid holidays. They get paid for 180 school days plus however many professional development days they have to do...if schools are closed for a snow day the teachers do not get paid for that day, they have to make it up in June and that's another day taken away from them that they could be working a summer job and making money...