View Single Post
MaritimeMummy 10:16 AM 02-20-2013
Lunchtime. 12:30. Every day. She eats great. By 1, everyone is done, I'm going straight into nap mode for anyone that does. I get everyone on their nap mats, I send my daughter to her room to play with another little girl her age, neither nap. I rock with my son in the living room/playspace until he's asleep. Then my daughter and DCG come out of her room because she and my son share a room for now. All of this happens rather quickly, and by 1:30 I am ready to do a quiet craft with the two non-napping girls.

Well, let me tell you, from 1:30 until snack time at 3, I am bombarded with, "is it snack time? Can I have something to eat? I'm HUNGRY. PLEASE give me something." often met with tears when I tell her it's too soon and that she just ate. She'll get the other little girl in on it, too. Today, as soon as I got my son laying down, DCG came running to me and said, "Now we have a snack?" What the...? NO! You guys KNOW that we don't eat snack until the littler kids get up from their naps! PLUS you just ate?! COME ON, girls!

They can't be needing to eat out of hunger, and yet, they don't seem bored. What's going on? If I let them eat whenever they said they were hungry I'd have no food in the house.

Plus, two big things here: my daughter never, NEVER eats what she asks for. An apple? Takes two bites, for example. Every bit of food she "saves for later" and never touches it again. DCG isn't really hungry, she just does whatever my DD does. They're driving me crazy, and my daughter pesters me about snacks so much that I am at the point where I just give her a dirty look and say, "I just said NO." and she bursts into tears. But that is never the end of it. What am I supposed to do?