View Single Post
tenderhearts 02:27 PM 02-02-2011
If this makes you feel any better, I use to watch a neighbor girl, we were friends with her dad, his girlfriend moved in and I continued watching her even though she stayed home with their son who was a baby at the time, (this girl was NOT he daugher) when her schedule went really part time like 1 day a week I told them I really couldn't do it anymore, then he came and asked me if it would bother me if his girlfriend started daycare, they live 2 doors away, we live on a small cul-de-sac, at first I was concerned but learned very quickly her style of care was MUCH different than mine and her clientel was MUCH different than mine. Her daycare kids 12 mo old even were EVERY where in our road in other peoples yards and she did NOT supervise very well at all, snot coming out of their noses, to the way she potty trained, I was not worried anymore. Needless to say she had very flaky clientel and was in court her first 6 mo of doing care. Needless to say she was closed in less than 2 years. Not saying your situation will be the same but you've been doing care longer and most people will want that. Hopefully it works out, I wouldn't worry too much....