Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
momma2girls 08:34 AM 07-24-2012
Originally Posted by rhondawarren:
Had to let go of another family today. Had a new family start last week on Wed. They agreed to pay me $60 for that week and then the next week we agreed that on Friday they would pay me for that week and ahead for the next week since normally I require the payment up front. So I watched her on Wed. Got up Thur morning (even made earlier than my normal hours so that they could drop her off early), I waited for her to get there and she never showed. I finally got a text when she was suppose to be here that he lost his job and they wouldnt be able to bring her. So ... I didnt keep her Thur or Fri but got up at 5am Thur morning and showered so I would be ready for them to drop her off.

This week they didnt need a sitter on Monday, so they had me watch her yesterday (longer hours than we agreed normally) and they didnt bring me any money. So I sent her a message last night and she never text me bck. So I text her this morning and told her that she needed to bring me $20 for today when she drops the little girl off. (I was going to let yesterday go since they were having financial trouble) So I get a text from her this morning that said ... I dont see why I need to bring you $20 for today when I already paid you for last week. Well my rates are $60 a week for part time for 3 days or less. We discussed this when we first talked and they agreed. But now she felt that she shouldnt have to pay that. So I told her bring the $20 or dont bring her. So they got mad at me. I had thought about letting it go and just let them start paying again next week but they couldnt even tell me if they would be able to bring me the money for next week on Monday. So I figured ... its going to be an ongoing battle to be paid AND last night she text me and says "How many diapers were in her bag?" I said 5. Then I called her to see why she asked that. She said oh .... well great now I have no diapers left! Like she was mad at me.

They sent her in with shorts soaked from milk she had spilt all over herself and no extra clothes to change in to. Plus ... 5 diapers. The child was here ALL day! I changed her 4 times and was about to change her again when her mom got here. I was trying to make the diapers last but the little girl would pee and then stick her hand in her diaper and say ewwww and walk around trying to touch my kids. But they acted like I was trying to keep some of their diapers or something. So I told her look ... my kids are 12, 10 and 6. None of the kids I babysit for except for you daughter even wears diapers so ... I have no use for diapers.

So ........ to make a long story short she calls me yelling at me this morning, throwing the f word around so I said you know what .... I think you just need to find another sitter because I have no interest in watching your daughter anymore.

So her husband text me for like 15 minutes afterwards telling me how I was taking advantage of them and they would find a REAL daycare since I am just a babysitter! I stopped responding to his texts so he finally quit!

What is wrong with people? Ugh!

Cant wait until my checks are enough from my online business so I can stop babysitting its becoming more of a pain than enjoyment anymore!
I totally agree with you!!!