View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 10:35 AM 10-03-2011
Personally I think it's great. One thing that I will say however is not to expect anything in return. Not that it matters because if you're anything like me and I did something like this just the thought that I did something for someone else is enough for me. Even if I were to be taken advantage of sometime down the road I could at least say that I did a nice thing for someone KWIM?

You can always set a time limit an once that time has passed revisit the arrangement and talk about how things are going. If she starts working a little more, for example, you can raise her weekly rate up by a few to several dollars etc. I would also make sure to tell her not to tell anyone that she's getting a break, that could be bad news for you. But all in all I thinks it's very nice that you would do this for someone in need. Maybe you can even work something out and ask her to help you out in DC?

I did this once for a young mom that went from full-time to part-time work. She was also going to school as a nurse so she wanted to find full-time work. We worked out a discount that she could afford and kept track of the rest of what she owed. Then she'd come and "volunteer" to assist, clean my house or cook etc. We did it for 2 months until she found a FT job and got her 1st paycheck. Not sure if it would work for you but it's an option.