View Single Post
midaycare 01:41 PM 10-13-2016
Originally Posted by Max:
No apologies necessary, I like honest feedback

Just curious, do you allow children to use any bikes or two wheels in your daycare? Or as a parent, are you ok with a daycare that allows kids to ride bikes? If so, how do you view my idea as being more dangerous? It's essentially the same but with a bike path.

I don't mean to be rude at all, I'm just trying to see if there is any misunderstanding.
I don't offer a lot of bikes. I have two of the small 3 wheeler bikes that sit really low. My dcks are out of my care by 4.5 years old at the latest.

I just wouldn't want ds on a track with other kids, where so much could go wrong. I would allow it if I were there supervising, though. I'm just...protective. With me, ds does all types of things. Bikes, skiing, snowmobiling, etc. With another adult...no.

In my daycare experience, kids can be very misbehaved. I have strict rules to keep everyone in place and safe. This just wouldn't work for me as a provider. I can't have an infant in one arm, and be chasing little Johnny down because he sideswiped little Ben with a bike on purpose.

Again, I'm overprotective.