View Single Post
CityGarden 10:05 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Join Nextdoor.
I was on Nextdoor personally but just added my business. Thanks.

County Associations: are there any in your area or state that maintain a database of providers? That's one of the first sources parents use. I will have to research this.

Parent Aware. I actually hate that I'm saying this because I absolutely despise the organization. But, parents use it.
Parent Aware looks equivalent to the local Resource & Referral Agency here and I actually had my listing pulled from their site because I was getting calls asking if I would accept child care subsidy or people would tour and then request I accept the subsidy which I will not. It just felt like I was wasting my time with their inquiries.

Local Facebook groups. I know you mentioned you belong to a few. Join more. I belong to 5 different "Mom's groups" in my area. I get the majority of my interviews from them.
I also belong to 4 different Facebook daycare search groups.
Along those lines: also join local fb elementary school groups. You can network that way and possibly get younger siblings of elementary age kids.
I joined a few more FB groups so hopefully I can continue to get the word out. Honestly they all have so many different rules on when you are allowed to post --- I need to organize all their rules so I don't miss the days marketing is allowed. I had never thought about FB Daycare Search Groups ---- I did a quick search and don't see any for my area but I might create one!!! Great idea.

Offer incentives for current families to bring in new families.
Whether it's dinner/drinks on me, free childcare, a gift card, whatever. Something that will get them working for you.
A local provider is closing I offered her $$$ if one of her current clients enroll but she told me most of them still seeking care are infants and my program is not set up for children that young. I need to think about an incentive that will be compelling enough to get my current little group of parents to market for me. I am also going to have some postcards or flyers made and just set them by the sign up sheet so parents can easily take them and pass them on to friends.
Coffee shops. Our Dunn Bros has a post it board with business fliers. I have gotten an interview out of it before.
Thanks so much for your ideas. You certainly gave me some action items to start moving on.