View Single Post
Indoorvoice 05:23 PM 12-27-2017
Originally Posted by TheMisplacedMidwestMom:
I would send her a pre-interview questionnaire and go from there. One question would specifically pertain to hours. "I am open from 7am to 5pm, what hours during this time will you need care?" Maybe her husband is able to pick-up and its a non-issue. Maybe she will realize that won't work and cancel her self.
We already did a pre interview over email so I know her husband can't help and she can't budge on the hours. I originally agreed to interview because I thought maybe I could suck up the crappy hours and because I felt like maybe I owed it to my current dcp for recommending me, but I have a better client lined up now and I seriously just can't fathom opening a full 2 hours before my regular opening time and staying open a half hour to hour later than I normally close. I feel bad making her think she had an interview lined up and then canceling it, but I know I can't do it. I don't know if it's more unprofessional to cancel or to waste her time with an interview that won't go anywhere.