Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
Hippygal 11:38 AM 06-14-2018
Hello all! I opened my family childcare in CA just 4 short months ago. I’m caring for age 0-12, but so far have only 3 kiddos on various days, between the age of 5-7 months. I also have my own 2 year old daughter. I can’t help but thinking WTF was I thinking!?! Seriously, who on earth could care for 3 infants and a toddler at the same time alone?!? I am so ready to give up! The first 2 kids were great(one is 5 months, the other is 7 months)... they’re each here 2 days/week, one day over-lapping, and very mild tempered. If they’re crying it’s because they need their basic needs met.... BUT THE 3rd infant is 7 months old, here 5 days, and CONSTANTLY NEEDS TO BE HELD. If I put her down, she army crawls while whimpering to wherever I am. It is affecting everyone else here, including myself and my daughter. I honestly don’t think I was cut out for this line of work. I love kids, I’m great with them... but being STUCK at home ALL day with crying babies that aren’t my own?!? No thanks!!! If I were getting calls for children 3+ & my House was filled with messy toddlers, I think it would be more tolerable.... but infants- i just don’t think I was built to care for more than one infant at a time!!!! Any words of advice on how to stay sane while running an at home daycare would be fabulous!!!! Going batty here!