View Single Post
Ariana 09:36 AM 10-24-2016
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
Yes. I have 4 kids. At one time, three of the 4 were in car seats. I worked or went to school during the car seat years. (At times both) I am forgetful, but I have never left one of my kiddos behind.

I don't think car seat alarms/sensors are a bad thing, but they aren't the auto manufacturers responsibility. And calling parents to about missed attendance shouldn't be a providers responsibility either. When kids are with their parents, the responsibility for a child safety falls on the parents.
Accidents happen because they are accidents. Thank God this has never happened to you, you are lucky. Every parent that this has ever had this happen , it happened when it was not part of their routine to drop a kid off or pick them up. It was an accident. It is for sure a parents responsibility but everything is invented to prevent human frailty and accidents.

Originally Posted by :
Oh, I am really not in favor of this...the amount of hours I have spent in my car quietly reading while waiting for one of my kids to come out of sports practices... If I had a periodic alarm going off? No thanks.
I am sure the genius engineers could come up with a better system. For example if the weight is in the backseat and is less than 40lbs. Or if the heat reaches a certain temp and there is movement detected. Ever notice the front passenger airbag gets turned off when the weight is less than a certain amount? Something like that.