View Single Post
daycarediva 10:49 AM 12-30-2015
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
I agree. He probably slept late, dad fed him late, and then he was brought to daycare, which many parents don't think is a big deal, but he is on a totally different schedule than all the other kids. They have been playing all day, have full bellies and are ready for rest. He recently woke, ate and is ready to play!

I think it is an exaggeration to say he starved, so I wonder if the dcp "yelling" may also be an exaggeration??? I would just bring it up like, "when my mom picked up last time, she said you seemed upset with how little ones day went, so I wanted to speak with you and see if everything is ok?"
which is the biggest issue in group care and why I no longer allow drop offs after 9 unless they are prearranged (eg appt, where the child is up and 'on schedule' somewhat).

The provider should not be expected to change the schedule of the entire group to meet the needs of one child.

I also have scheduled meal times, if a child arrives after a meal time, they are not fed until the next meal/snack. I also serve food every 3 hours, so a child would not 'starve' in that time frame.

Originally Posted by kendallina:
Ha! This.

I agree with previous poster that said it probably had nothing to do with him being hungry and much more to do with him being brought in so closely to naptime. Of course he didn't want to nap, he just got there-kids need routine.

I would be pretty PO'd that the provider yelled at your mom like that and I would absolutely be speaking to the director about that.
and this is what I would take issue with. The food issue is on the parent.