Thread: Meals
View Single Post
Cat Herder 01:55 PM 06-29-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
What do you do for a child that holds out eating his veggies knowing something "better" is coming next? I'm really interested in trying family style but I have one dcb who would try and work the system by just not eating until we go to what he liked.
I am fortunate in that I have been with all my DCK's since infancy so they are very good veggie eaters, first and foremost. They had them as their "baby food" just hand pureed. I am not a magician... and I am starting from a stacked deck, so to speak.

The only thing I know to work 100% is consistency and no rewards for unwanted behaviors. I think that is an across the boards answer...

If they don't eat that first serving of veggies (or veggie alternate) and I make an entire round of items he simply would not get seconds of anything.

It goes around in exact order...all seconds are dependant on them having eaten the first round.

My serving sizes are enough for a complete balanced meal, above the food program recommendations, so no one would be going hungry...before unregistered pops up.