View Single Post
nannyde 12:58 PM 10-12-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
So right on topic with this thread everyone will be happy to know that Burger King is now offering breakfast poutine in my area. That sound was me vomiting in case you were wondering.

What is breakfast poutine you ask?? Well it's fries, gravy, cheese, and bacon. Mmmmm...only 1500 calories and 99 grams of fat a bowl to start your day.
YIKES

That's nearly a day worth of calories and they are bad calories to boot.

Wanna hear a funny story?

I took DS to Paris for Xmas about five years or so ago. We stayed in this little hotel and right around the corner was a humungo AWESOME grocery store. We walked there every day to get food (no eating out cuz it was crazy expensive). We walked by a McDonalds on our way and EVERY time we walked by it I would see people stopping and reading this sign that was on the sidewalk right outside the door of Mickeys.

I don't speak French so I couldn't figure out WHAT the heck the sign said that stopped people along their way each and every time we walked by it.

So I asked the guy at the desk if he knew about it and the next time he was over there would he read it and translate it.

So he tells me that this sign was put there by the government and it basically said that McDonald's food is junk food or treat food and it was NOT intended to be eaten daily.

McDonalds tried to fight it... of course.. but the powers that be said they must keep the warning sign right outside their door.

That wouldn't happen here but at some point there has to be some protection put in for the public. It starts with food labeling and requiring nutrition info but it has to get to be WAY more than that to get the idea across that treats are treats and we can't be healthy and live off of them.