View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:59 PM 01-04-2015
Originally Posted by Francine:
Something that I forgot to mention in my first post, all 3 of these Mom's teach at the same school. I hate this, I know that I should keep my existing clients but I feel so bad for Mom #1.
I would also tell mom #1 that the spot will not be available. I think current clients should have priority if there are no other variables. I have that rule myself for newborns.

I understand that you feel really bad because of all the other stuff mom #1 has going on in her life, but with her son having been diagnosed with such a serious thing, she is more than likely going to be having lots of family around and lots of unplanned upheaval in her life where her own job may take a back seat due to her older child needing lots of medical attention/visits/etc.

My friends little girl had the same thing at 3. She is 26 now and has been in remission for years but the first 3-4 were SUPER hard and the whole family spent many nights in the children's hospital.

I know it's hard but honestly, you still have to look out for you. No matter how sympathetic or understanding you are. That's my take on it.