View Single Post
SnowDayMom 05:45 PM 02-12-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
*I like you you *

No, I am genuinely curious.

...and I am not a read between the lines kind of provider. I am pretty black and white...and very transparent.

Sometimes that leaves my foot in my mouth but I am who I am and will apologize if I offend but take responsibility for all I say and do.....even when I am in the wrong.

So no. There is no hidden message or anything like that...just genuinely curious. I can't help that part of me...

I started this profession accidentally. I was on the same path as you.... and suddenly found myself here.
BlackCat: okay cool.

Honestly I never participate in things like this but I was already feeling impassioned about this issue (which is why I searched it out on the internet) and I was planning on talking to my daycare about it. I looked it up because I wanted to know if I was missing something in my thinking. Boy, now I'm totally prepared for the discussion!

But once I got here and saw some of the original responders (back in 2010) being flippant to the parents who were complaining about this policy and then backing up their responses with what I thought were weak arguments, I couldn't resist jumping in.

And then the lawyer in me loves a good debate, so that helps drive my interest in responding. Plus the lawyer in me also makes me a natural ADVOCATE, so if I *can* influence some folks in the daycare industry to think twice about this policy, then that seems worth it to me too.

Being a lawyer isn't all it's cracked up to be. I loved law school, but you have to really want to work ALL THE TIME to be a typical lawyer. I actually negotiate contracts for a living, which I enjoy, but I would have a serious discussion with any youngster who wanted to be a lawyer.