View Single Post
childcaremom 10:05 AM 03-07-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
Thank you for your suggestions ladies, you may be on to something here.

I have noticed he plays in his own unique way. For example, if I set out blocks for the kids most will start building. He will grab one block, pretend it is an ipad and he is member of the paw patrol team. This then leads to him standing, twirling and intentionally falling again. It's so odd.He has always been like this, but it has gotten worse recently. When he starts this I have him sit on his bottom to play because then I know he is safe (as are the other children...I can't begin to count how many times he has accidentally hit, kick, or knocked someone down from his movements). Usually he is able to sit a minute or two then starts twirling while on his bottom....sigh.

And we get LOTS of outside time. Oddly enough when outside, all he wants to do is sit. I have had to come up with exercises while outside so he is moving.
The same child.

He was like this when he started a year ago. Came from a program with tons of screen time. I bare bones'd my program and let him be completely bored for a few weeks and slowly saw improvement.

Now it seems like we are back where we started. Behaviour has steadily declined while his screen time has increased at home. I pad. Tv. Movies. He had a good day on Friday with lots of structure. More than I am willing to do on a daily basis. I tried free play at the end of the day and it was crazy time. It is almost like he has forgotten how to play. Needs constant stimuli. Etc.