View Single Post
dolores 03:01 PM 10-07-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
How are you holding up? Were you able to find out any info from the DOH in regards to what your next steps should be?

It's so unsettling the way this whole thing is playing out.

I am sooooo nervous about my DCK's returning. The DCM is kind of frustrated with the length of the required quarantine/isolation but thankfully my state's DOH and my licensor made communication with parents in regards to protocols something the parents can't really get mad at us for.

The info they've provided has made it clear that it's not up to providers how long the kids are excluded so parents can't really try and negotiate with us. I don't have issues with that but I imagine it's a load off for providers that do struggle with parent confrontation.

Technically my DCM and DCD are out of quarantine Sunday (10/11) but now since they were both positive and they had close contact with their kids, the kids start their 14 day quarantine the day after the parent's quarantine ends.

I struggled with feeling bad the parents had to continue paying for care for so long (28 days total) for this but I've since come to realize that while it does seem long, it is for everyone's sake AND I wasn't the one that made the decision to travel out of state for a large "close" gathering.... soooo.

I just hope and pray everyone is able to get past all this and we can get back to living life. I know it won't be the old normal but I'd like some type of consistency and routine that is more comforting that what we all have happening now.

to all of you dealing with this in one way or another!
Thanks for asking, and I read your story...oooph ! At least your licensor and DOH got involved which makes a huge difference as it removes the onus from you to interpret and communicate their policies to families as well as get instructions on what to do with your business.

No such luck for me. DOH, 3 days later, has not called me back. Their non-responsiveness is sooooo frustrating!

I'm not a wreck as I was when I got DCM's first call, as it looks to be working out. DCM and family got nose swab which was negative.They are waiting on results from the standard test. Entire family is quarantining for 14 days.

Meanwhile, schools and nonessential businesses are being shut down in zip codes around me because people are not following guidelines. And we were doing so good...